Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Making Marshmallows . . .


The other night . . .
I asked my 9 year old daughter Hattie to pick a recipe or two
from an old Martha Stewart Holiday issue I had sitting on the counter . . .

I thought it would be fun to make some holiday goodies together!


Hattie sat at the table a long time!!

She then came back with this huge list - and I mean HUGE . . .
starting with these very cool marshmallow snowflakes!

Hmmm - I thought . . .
I have never made marshmallows before . . .

  
Let's just say it was an absolute BLAST . . .
from watching the mixture become this white . . . thick . . . sticky foam-like substance . . .

to spreading it in a pan and sprinkling them with powdered sugar . . . just like snow . . .
and then cutting them up into fun holiday shapes . . .

The stars were our favorite!!  
 

 Yes - I truly felt like a kid again . . . laughing and smiling the whole time . . .
playing - like a child!!

I am not really sure who had more fun - Hattie or myself!
I just know that I can't wait to try them in some hot cocoa!!

Are you dreaming of a White Christmas?  I know I am!! 
And - if the snow doesn't come . . .
you will find me making more of these - perhaps in the shape of a snowman! :)

Happy Holidays everyone! Peace and Blessings to all of you!!
xoxo - liz

. . . . .

The Marshmallow Snowflake Recipe
can be found here on the Martha Stewart website!!

Just add the confectioner's sugar for dusting . . .
and pretend it is snowing!!



No comments: