Wednesday, October 17, 2012

classic vinaigrette . . .


Here it is . . .
my classic vinaigrette . . .

I use a variation of this simple little recipe . . .
for so many dishes in the kitchen!

So simple . . . so easy . . . and sooooo tasty!!


I use it as a simple and classic salad dressing . . .
or a variation of it for marinade/rubs for my Sunday roast and roasted chickens.

I also drizzle it on everything from caprese paninis . . .
to simple heirloom tomatoes from my friend Deb's garden!

Cooking does not have to be difficult . . .
and you don't have to be a master chef . . . 

you just need a few great recipes to bring out the flavor of the food!!

so here are the ingredients for my first recipe for you . . .
my classic vinegarette . . .

olive oil
balsalmic vinegar
a touch of terragon vinegar
herbs de provence
brown sugar
a touch of dijon mustard
cracked pepper

and . . .
a small pinch of salt for good luck . . .


I first make a paste ( which is also wonderful rubbed on meats as a marinade/rub!! ). . . 
and then I add more Olive Oil and Vinegar to fit my own taste . . .
and the food that it is complimenting.

I personally prefer mine with a bit of a "bite" to it . . . and not too oily.

Well there you have it . . .
one very basic vinaigrette that I promise you will be seeing a lot more of
here on this little blog . . .

soooo versatile . . . and soooo easy!!


please note:
I will soon be adding a recipe page to this blog . . .
with printouts for all the recipes with exact quantities - so stay tuned !


until next time . . .

. . . . . . .

food dreams and a kiss . . .
from my kitchen . . . to yours!!

xoxo - liz


2 comments:

pve design said...

lovely. i love a bite too.
pve

Unknown said...

pve . . . so glad you stopped by - your comment made me smile!! :) xo